The last Don

Maybe I
إنضم
9 أكتوبر 2014
المشاركات
مستوى التفاعل
النقاط
10 THINGS TIME HAS TAUGHT ME

1. Most of our life is spent chasing false goals and worshipping false ideals. The day you realise that is the day you really start to live.

2. You really, truly cannot please all of the people all of the time. Please yourself first and your loved ones second, everyone else is busy pleasing themselves anyway, trust me.

3. Fighting the ageing process is like trying to catch the wind. Go with it, enjoy it. Your body is changing, but it always has been. Don’t waste time trying to reverse that, instead change your mindset to see the beauty in the new.

4. Nobody is perfect and nobody is truly happy with their lot. When that sinks in you are free of comparison and free of judgement. It’s truly liberating.

5. No one really sees what you do right, everyone sees what you do wrong. When that becomes clear to you, you will start doing things for the right reason and you will start having so much more fun.

6. You will regret the years you spent berating your looks, the sooner you can make peace with the vessel your soul lives in, the better. Your body is amazing and important but it does not define you.

7. Your health is obviously important but stress, fear and worry are far more damaging than any delicious food you may deny yourself. Happiness and peace are the best medicine.

8. Who will remember you and for what, become important factors as you age. Your love and your wisdom will live on far longer than any material thing you can pass down. Tell your stories, they can travel farther than you can imagine.

9. We are not here for long but if you are living against the wind it can feel like a life-sentence. Life should not feel like a chore, it should feel like an adventure.

10. Always, always, use the things you keep for ‘best’. Tomorrow is guaranteed to no one. Today is a gift that’s why we call it the present. Be peaceful, Be loved & Be Merry.

IMG_1014.jpeg

• أدعمة
التفاعلات: Spike

The last Don

Maybe I
إنضم
9 أكتوبر 2014
المشاركات
مستوى التفاعل
النقاط
Short story: 🍎An Apple Tree and Its Unconditional Love

A long time ago, there was a huge apple tree. A little boy loved to come and play around it everyday. He climbed to the treetop, ate the apples, and took a nap under the shadow.

He loved the tree and the tree loved to play with him. Time went by, the little boy had grown up and he no longer played around the tree every day.

One day, the boy came back to the tree and he looked sad.
“Come and play with me”, the tree asked the boy.

“I am no longer a kid, I do not play around trees any more” the boy replied.

“I want toys. I need money to buy them.”

“Sorry, but I do not have money, but you can pick all my apples and sell them. So, you will have money.”

The boy was so excited. He grabbed all the apples on the tree and left happily. The boy never came back after he picked the apples. The tree was sad.

One day, the boy who now turned into a man returned and the tree was excited.

“Come and play with me” the tree said.

“I do not have time to play. I have to work for my family. We need a house for shelter. Can you help me?”

“Sorry, but I do not have any house. But you can chop off my branches to build your house.” So the man cut all the branches of the tree and left happily. The tree was glad to see him happy but the man never came back since then. The tree was again lonely and sad.

One hot summer day, the man returned and the tree was delighted.

“Come and play with me!” the tree said.

“I am getting old. I want to go sailing to relax myself. Can you give me a boat?” said the man.

“Use my trunk to build your boat. You can sail far away and be happy.”

So the man cut the tree trunk to make a boat. He went sailing and never showed up for a long time.

Finally, the man returned after many years. “Sorry, my boy. But I do not have anything for you anymore. No more apples for you”, the tree said. “No problem, I do not have any teeth to bite” the
man replied.

“No more trunk for you to climb on.” “I am too old for that now” the man said. “I really cannot give you anything, the only thing left is my dying roots,” the tree said with tears.

“I do not need much now, just a place to rest. I am tired after all these years,” the man replied.

“Good! Old tree roots are the best place to lean on and rest, come sit down with me and rest.” The man sat down and the tree was glad and smiled with tears.

This is a story of everyone. The tree is like our parents. When we were young, we loved to play with our Mum and Dad. When we grow up, we leave them; only come to them when we need something or when we are in trouble. No matter what, parents will always be there and give everything they could just to make you happy.

You may think the boy is cruel to the tree, but that is how all of us treat our parents. We take them for granted; we don’t appreciate all they do for us, until it’s too late.

The moral of the story is that parents, like the apple tree, love their children unconditionally and are always there to provide for them. However, as we grow up, we tend to take our parents for granted and only come to them when we need something. We should learn to appreciate our parents and all that they do for us before it's too late. We should cherish the time we have with them and show them love and respect, just as they have shown us throughout our lives.
IMG_1015.jpeg

The last Don

Maybe I
إنضم
9 أكتوبر 2014
المشاركات
مستوى التفاعل
النقاط
Money Is Never More Important Than Your Happiness.

There was once a pizza delivery man named Adam.
Every shift, he would take the orders that he knew would gain him the highest tips.
One day, while making deliveries, Adam was asked to take a pizza to an address he had never been to.
When he arrived, Adam was disappointed. It was a small house with a tattered yard.
Adam knew he wouldn’t make a good tip at this house.
He knocked on the door and, when a man answered he gace the man his small cheese pizza.
Just as Adam, had expected, the man gave him only one dollar as a tip.
“I’m so sorry, this dollar is all I have,said the man. ”
Adam was frustrated that he had driven so far out of his way for such a small tip, but what happened next surprised him.
The man turned around and called his children to the door.
“Hey, kids,” said the man “Do any of you have anything we can give to this nice man for bringing us our pizza?”
One by one, the man’s five children stepped forward and emptied their pockets.
Them man handed Adam the change he had collected form his children.
Adam was overwhelmed by the generosity of this family.
When he got back to the restaurant, Adam made three large pizzas, two large orders of wings,and breadsticks.
He paid the food himself, then took all of it to the house that he had just been to.
When the man opened his front door and saw tha Adam had brought his family food, he burst into tears.
“I wish there was some way I could repay you for all of this!” said the man.
“No,” insisted Adam. “In fact...”
Adam reached into his pocket and pulled out the tip family had given had given him.
He handed the dollar and change back to the man and said, “keep the change.”
MOney is not as important as happiness.
Giving is always more rewarding than taking.

IMG_1048.jpeg

The last Don

Maybe I
إنضم
9 أكتوبر 2014
المشاركات
مستوى التفاعل
النقاط
𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐎 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅🗣❤️📚

1. Stop looking for who is not looking for you.
2. Stop begging.
3. Stop saying more than is necessary.
4. When people disrespect you, confront them immediately.
5. Don't eat other people's food more than they eat yours.
6. Reduce how you visit some people, especially if they don't reciprocate.
7. Invest in yourself. Make yourself happy.
8. Stop entertaining gossip about other people.
9. Think before you talk. 80% of how people value you is what comes out of your mouth.
10. Always look your best. Dress the way you should be addressed.
11. Be an achiever. Get busy with your goals.
12. Respect your time.
13. Don't stay in a relationship where you don't feel respected and valued. Walk away.
14. Learn to spend money on yourself. That's how people will learn to spend on you.
15. Be scarce sometimes.
16. Be a giver more than a receiver.
17. Don't go where you are not invited. And when invited, don't overstay your welcome.
18. Treat people exactly the way they deserve.
19. Except they owe you money, two call attempts are enough. If they value you, they will call you back.
20. Be good at what you do. Be the best.

IMG_1049.jpeg

• أحببته

Spike

إنضم
10 سبتمبر 2021
المشاركات
مستوى التفاعل
النقاط
I can't thank you enough for your great effort here!! It's amazing and very useful... Please keep it up!!

The last Don

Maybe I
إنضم
9 أكتوبر 2014
المشاركات
مستوى التفاعل
النقاط
READ THIS SHORT STORY

" What goes around comes around "

One day a man saw an old lady, stranded on the side of the road, but even in the dim light of day, he could see she needed help. So he pulled up in front of her Mercedes and got out. His Pontiac was still sputtering when he approached her.

Even with the smile on his face, she was worried. No one had stopped to help for the last hour or so. Was he going to hurt her? He didn’t look safe; he looked poor and hungry. He could see that she was frightened, standing out there in the cold. He knew how she felt. It was those chills which only fear can put in you. He said, “I’m here to help you, ma’am. Why don’t you wait in the car where it’s warm? By the way, my name is Bryan Anderson.”

Well, all she had was a flat tire, but for an old lady, that was bad enough. Bryan crawled under the car looking for a place to put the jack, skinning his knuckles a time or two. Soon he was able to change the tire. But he had to get dirty and his hands hurt.
As he was tightening up the lug nuts, she rolled down the window and began to talk to him. She told him that she was from St. Louis and was only just passing through. She couldn’t thank him enough for coming to her aid.

Bryan just smiled as he closed her trunk. The lady asked how much she owed him. Any amount would have been all right with her. She already imagined all the awful things that could have happened had he not stopped. Bryan never thought twice about being paid. This was not a job to him. This was helping someone in need, and God knows there were plenty, who had given him a hand in the past. He had lived his whole life that way, and it never occurred to him to act any other way.
He told her that if she really wanted to pay him back, the next time she saw someone who needed help, she could give that person the assistance they needed, and Bryan added, “And think of me.”
He waited until she started her car and drove off. It had been a cold and depressing day, but he felt good as he headed for home, disappearing into the twilight.

A few miles down the road the lady saw a small cafe. She went in to grab a bite to eat, and take the chill off before she made the last leg of her trip home. It was a dingy looking restaurant. Outside were two old gas pumps. The whole scene was unfamiliar to her. The waitress came over and brought a clean towel to wipe her wet hair. She had a sweet smile, one that even being on her feet for the whole day couldn’t erase. The lady noticed the waitress was nearly eight months pregnant, but she never let the strain and aches change her attitude. The old lady wondered how someone who had so little could be so giving to a stranger. Then she remembered Bryan.

After the lady finished her meal, she paid with a hundred dollar bill. The waitress quickly went to get change for her hundred dollar bill, but the old lady had slipped right out the door. She was gone by the time the waitress came back. The waitress wondered where the lady could be. Then she noticed something written on the napkin.

There were tears in her eyes when she read what the lady wrote: “You don’t owe me anything. I have been there too. Somebody once helped me out, the way I’m helping you. If you really want to pay me back, here is what you do: Do not let this chain of love end with you.”
Under the napkin were four more $100 bills.

Well, there were tables to clear, sugar bowls to fill, and people to serve, but the waitress made it through another day. That night when she got home from work and climbed into bed, she was thinking about the money and what the lady had written. How could the lady have known how much she and her husband needed it? With the baby due next month, it was going to be hard….
She knew how worried her husband was, and as he lay sleeping next to her, she gave him a soft kiss and whispered soft and low, “Everything’s going to be all right. I love you, Bryan Anderson.”

There is an old saying “What goes around comes around.”

IMG_1175.jpeg

• أدعمة

The last Don

Maybe I
إنضم
9 أكتوبر 2014
المشاركات
مستوى التفاعل
النقاط
[BGCOLOR=rgb(147, 101, 184)]TWO POTS (Must Read Moral Story)[/BGCOLOR]

An elderly woman had two large pots, each hung on
the ends of a pole which she carried across her neck.

One of the pots had a crack in it while the other pot
was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water. At the end of the long walks from the stream to the house, the cracked pot arrived only half full.

For full two years, this went on daily, with the
woman bringing home only one and a half pots of water.

Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its
accomplishments. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that
it could only do half of what it had been made to do.

After two years of what it perceived to be bitter
failure, it spoke to the woman one day by the stream.
I am ashamed of myself, because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your house.

The old woman smiled, 'Did you notice that there are flowers on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side?' 'That's because I have always known about your flaw, so I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back, you water them.

For two years I have been able to
pick these beautiful flowers to decorate the table.
Without you being just the way you are, there would
not be this beauty to grace the house.

Moral of the Story:
Each of us has our own unique flaw. But it's the
cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives
together so very interesting and rewarding. You've
just got to take each person for what they are and
look for the good in them.

IMG_1314.jpeg

• أعجبني

The last Don

Maybe I
إنضم
9 أكتوبر 2014
المشاركات
مستوى التفاعل
النقاط
THE TWO DAUGHTERS

Moral Story Of The Day.

A woman had two daughters of almost the same age. One had a blooming beautiful look with a healthy glowing skin. But the other looked pale and very malnourished. As it happened, she birthed one of the girls but the other was adopted.

Every weekend, the woman would bring the girls to a restaurant to eat. She would order chicken sandwiches and coconut ice cream for the blooming daughter but the ill-looking daughter got only a bottle of water.

At some point, the waiters in the restaurant noticed this and they became concerned. One morning, they discussed the issue.

"She's mean and wicked to that poor girl... What kind of a mother would treat a child so badly?" one of the waiters professed.

"I think the poor girl was adopted unlike the other, which could explain why she treats them differently. So heartbreaking" another waiter chipped in.

"We are the only ones who could save that child from a toxic mother. She really needs our help" the third waiter said.

The waiters then reported the issue to the restaurant manager who was a former 'child protective services' (CPS) worker. He contacted the police immediately. The police decided to wait until the woman's next visit to the restaurant.

The following weekend, the mother brought her girls to the restaurant as usual. But this time around, she was surprised when some policemen showed up and accused her of child abuse. She was utterly confused.

When the woman understood the situation, she requested the presence of all the waiters. Soon, everyone gathered including the restaurant manager. Then she began to speak.

"All of you have judged me without knowing the whole story... Yes, I have an adopted daughter but you don't even know who among them is the adopted one. Well, I would like to inform you that this sickly-looking girl here is actually the biological daughter. She was born with congenital heart disease, and has been sick all through her life. May I also inform you that she just went through a heart transplant few months ago? Now listen, I usually do not let her eat here because I know how detrimental these fast foods can be to her new heart. Your foods are healthy, but not healthy enough for a young girl with a donor's heart. So, I have taken it upon myself to always make special meals for her. My daughter is bravely fighting her illness and she will come out victorious. So, you all need to know that I love both my daughters so dearly, and I won't treat anyone less favourably".

Moral: Don't accuse a person without full understanding of the situation. Sometimes, the people you accuse or judge are the same people who could prove you wrong and teach you a valuable lesson.

IMG_1315.jpeg

• أدعمة

The last Don

Maybe I
إنضم
9 أكتوبر 2014
المشاركات
مستوى التفاعل
النقاط
10 BRUTAL TRUTHS THAT EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW.

1. You're going to die and you have no idea when.

Stop pretending that you're invincible. Acknowledge the fact of your own mortality, and then start structuring your life in a more meaningful way.

2. Your material wealth won't make you a better or happier person.

Even if you're one of the lucky ones who achieves his or her materialistic dreams, money only amplifies that which was already present.

3. Your obsession with finding happiness is what prevents its attainment.

Happiness is always present in your life--it's just a matter of connecting to it and allowing it to flow through you that's challenging.

4. Donating money does less than donating time.

Giving your time is a way to change your perception and create a memory for yourself and others that will last forever.

5. You can't make everyone happy, and if you try, you'll lose yourself.

Stop trying to please, and start respecting your values, principles, and autonomy.

6. Your achievements and successes won't matter on your deathbed.

When your time has come to transition from this reality, you won't be thinking about that raise; you'll be thinking about the relationships you've made--so start acting accordingly.

7. Your talent means nothing without consistent effort and practice.

Some of the most talented people in the world never move out from their parent's basement.

8. Nobody cares how difficult your life is, and you are the author of your life's story.

Stop looking for people to give you sympathy and start creating the life story you want to read.

9. Investing in yourself isn't selfish. It's the most worthwhile thing you can do.

You have to put on your own gas mask to save the person sitting right next to you.

10. Time is your most valuable asset--you need to prioritize how you spend it.

You have the power and responsibility to decide what you do with the time you have, so choose wisely...

IMG_1328.jpeg

• أعجبني

الذين يشاهدون الموضوع الآن 2 ( الاعضاء: 1, الزوار: 1 )